New year comes with new strategies which can uplift your SEO ranking on the internet. There are so many strategies that change after every year depending upon the updates of Google algorithm. The best SEO strategists can assist and guide you to link building strategies that can increase your site’s visibility in the top trends of Google search engine. One can create top quality design, best content but without strong backlinking strategy, one cannot score the site’s ranking in the Google.
Backlinks are necessary because they make you money.The content on a website is only one part of what Google looks at when determining what a site is about and whether it’s an authority on that topic. The internet functions first and foremost on links and the sites which are having the most links redirected to their site which can bring more traffic to the site. The Google bots basically prioritize those sites which are having the most traffic and ranks them. That’s why you hear of so many people asking about backlinks and where to purchase good backlinks from.
SEO efforts ultimately relys upon a few factors:
- Anchor text.
- Guest blogging.
- Content sharing on social media.
- Influencer marketing.
- Look out for broken links.
- Video backlinking.
If you’re an Internet marketer, you must know the power of “anchor text” in SEO. Although this is a commonly-used phrase, many marketers are yet to discover what it really means. Anchor texts are a crucial part of SEO and strongly impact your search engine ranking.
Anchor Text is the visible, clickable text in a hyperlink which links to another document or location on the web. In modern browsers, it is often blue and underlined, but you can change your website’s link colors and styles using HTML & CSS.
Search engines use external anchor text as a reflection of how other people view your page – and by extension, what your pages may be about. You have to make sure that anchor text you use within your own site is useful, descriptive, and relevant.
Types of anchor text:
- Naked link anchor: These are the anchors that link back that link to a site by simply using the URL. For example, https://batcode.in/ and batcode.in are both naked link anchors.
- Image anchor: To enlarge your anchor profile even further, you should consider using image as anchor instead of text. The Google would consider the ‘alt’ tag as an anchor text. For example, <a href=https://batcode.in”><imgsrc=https://batcode.in/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/web-development.gif”alt=”alt as anchor text”/></a>
- Generic anchor: Generic anchor are normal anchor texts like “click here” which redirects you to another web document or page. For example: “Click here to get subscribed”, click here is the generic anchor text.
- Exact match: It is an important type of anchor text. But, it can be one of the reason you get penalized by Google. It is an anchor text which mirrors the exact match of your targeted page. For example: your anchor keyword is “anchor text” and it is linking to a page exactly about anchor text.
- Branded anchor: A brand name used as an anchor text which directly links to the brand’s page. For example: ‘Batcode’ linking to an article on the batcode page.
- Partial-match anchor: A type of anchor text using variable keywords where a partial part of it is only indicating about the page linked to it. For example: “responsive site development batcode” is the anchor text and it is being linked to a page about web development services only.
Guest blogging is a method used by the owners of blogs to increase traffic to their sites. They offer to write content for other similar blogs in their industry as guest bloggers. In exchange, they receive a link to their own blog and an opportunity to promote their own name and blog in their chosen industry.
It is also a great way to establish yourself as an authority figure within your market and build relationships with other bloggers and experts within your field.
Few things you must ensure before getting started:
- Does the blogger’s post receives enough likes, shares and comments?
- Is your subject post quality rich?
- Does the blogger have a Facebook or twitter account where he/she regularly shares his/her own blog posts?
- Is your writing free of grammatical typos/errors?
How to become a guest blogger?
At first, start small and work your way up.
- Develop your own blog: Before seeking out for guest blogging opportunities, you should work on developing your own blogs and writing styles first. If you are not looking to start your own blog, then you can always start by publishing on LinkedIn. It’s hard to get guest blogging without having any platform where you can show off your writing ability first. And if you are having your own site or blogging platform, then guest blogging will help you to link people back to your site, blog or portfolio.
- Make up your social media presence: Your social media presence plays an important role in bringing the guest blogging opportunities closer. Having a Facebook or twitter account is essential where you share your work or writing examples. The famous blogger with whom you are looking to partner with wants to know what’s in it for them and if they find that you are an influential person in the industry, then you are a valuable person for them.
- Read other blogs:Read and follow other people’s blogs or posts to gather information and to enhance your writing skills. Following and reading other blogs will also help you seek out opportunities for guest blogging.
- Bond with others in your industry: The biggest mistake you make when you think other bloggers as a competitor and not a companion. If you follow a blog religiously, or think that you can share some other important information in the form of a guest post on their blog, reach out to them. When bloggers come closer and work as companion rather than a competitor, then wonder happens for both of you.
Benefits of Guest blogging:
- Make yourself renowned in a guest’s blog.
- Forecasting your blog to a completely new audience.
- Developing relationships with other famed bloggers in your field.
- Bringing traffic to your site.
You can bring traffic to your site by guest blogging. It usually depends upon building relationships with the famous bloggers. Once a rapport is built with the famous blogger, you can ask for a link which he/she can show in his/her blog which will redirect to your site. This will bring traffic to your site as it is being shown in a famous blogger’s post.
Content sharing on social media:
There was some time when social media was considered as a way to pass leisure time. But now with over 4.5 billion internet users all over the world and over 3 billion having an account in social media platform, it has become one of the leading industries in all over the world. Popular social media has become an attraction for bigger industries to advertise their product.
Why content media sharing is important:
Imagine you have written an amazing blog entry on your company website. You believe it’s one of the best pieces you’ve written and, from an objective standpoint, this is also true. The blog is simple to follow, contains a host of valuable tips and facts for the reader, and it ultimately offers them information that they can take with them into their day-to-day life.Naturally, because of the quality of the blog,you want your blog to reach as many people as possible. While SEO can help your blog rank better in search results, it is otherwise relatively self-contained. Unfortunately, you’re not getting the amount of traffic you want and your high-quality blog is going to waste. This is the type of reality many blogs or other content can face without the right promotion.
Benefits of content sharing on social media:
- Gainresourceful customer perception: Social media generates a huge amount of information about your customers in real time. With over 6.5 billion tweets, 2.5 billion posts on Facebook and over 1 billion photos/videos uploaded in Instagram per day, you can retain a lot of information about your customers- who they are, what they like about your brand and why they like your brand.
- Rise in site traffic and Google ranking:One of the biggest benefits of social media sharing for business is using it to increase your website traffic. Not only the social media helps you to direct people to your website, but it also helps you to improve the site’s ranking depending upon the social media shares. For example, if a person who regularly shares posts in Facebook or tweets or retweets on Twitter, is more likely to rank higher in Google’s search engine results page.
- Improves brand awareness:Social media shares also helps you to increase the brand loyalty. With billions of users in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media, there are many people who are unaware of your website, so with regular posts or shares on these platforms will help to create a bridge with other people and they would get to know about your site which increase in site traffic.
- Increase brand loyalty:Increase the loyalty of people is an important role to sustain in this competitive market. You will find that Nike, Amazon, Starbucks have loyal customers, whose customers will not leave them or switch to other competitive brand whatever maybe the situation.
This is only possible when you interact with your customers on different platforms in real time.
- Geo-target content: Geo-targeting is an effective way to send your message out to a specific audience based on their location. Social platforms like Facebook and Twitter have tools that allow you to communicate the right kind of content to your audience.
- Faster communication:Communicating with your audience through social media will gain you a plus point against other marketers. This will not only help you to interact with a large volume of customer at a time, but also help you to gain their trust.
- Stay on top on your audience’s mind: Since social media is busy with audience 24/7, so with regular share and post on social platforms will help you to fill the gap between your website andyour audience.
As the name suggests, “Influencer marketing” refers to influencers, which is a broad term describing anyone in your industry who has a noteworthy, influential presence. These are typically CEOs, consultants, and other movers and shakers who have large social media followings, big networks of connections, and most importantly, a captive audience. They may have their own content platforms, or they might post only on social media–what’s important is they carry a lot of weight in your specific circle.
It is a type of marketing that focuses on using key leaders to drive your brand’s message to the larger market. Rather than marketing directly to a large group of consumers, you instead inspire / hire / pay influencers to get out the word for you.
With influencer marketing, you will have the following benefits:
- Enriches your content strategy: Sharing influencer content can helps to fill in the gap of your own content schedule. This works well where you have run out of content ideas or simply need some quality content to publish on your social pages.
- Quickly builds trust: Influencers have built relationships, trust and credibility with their fans. By sharing an influencer’s content, you can gain their attention and by interacting with them, they will begin sharing yours which will simply put your message in front of the audience. This will improve your site’s traffic. Having a link shared from aninfluencer’s content will help you to increase your site’s traffic.
- Provides amazing value to your audience:At the heart of inbound marketingis delivering content that solves problems, educates and inspires your intended audience. Influencer marketing embraces this concept, as influencers are already in tune with the needs of the people they serve.In turn, you can easily leverage their content to give value to your audience.
- Improves your brand awareness:Influencer marketing can bring in the benefit of letting the people know about your brand. Social users will get to know more about your brand, about your product and what are the solutions you offer. For this, your content should have a valuable resource which can add to their social media presence which in turn will help you both.
Look out for broken links:
Identifying broken link in a famous person’s blog will also help you to improve your SEO. Look out for the links that doesn’t redirect you to any site. Notify the blog’s writer, that he/she is having a broken link and if you are having a stronger content related to that link, then you can suggest them that you have a similar but more stronger content which they can replace with that broken link. It will in turn help you to improve your SEO and the site’s Google ranking.
Video content is rapidly gaining its importance in the digital marketing world. Nowadays most of the brands are now centering upon video content marketing. All the important messages are being conveyed to their audience in the form of video content. Now YouTube being the second most important search engine, users love videos rather than text. That’s why, video marketing is rising to be an important way of backlinking strategy.
Reasons why video marketing is useful than text:
- Videos are more attractive than text. It is easier to watch videos rather than reading text.
- Videos give a personal touch to the users.
- Easier to share on social platforms.
Ways to get video backlinking:
- Create your own video:You can create your own video and submit it on video sharing sites. There are some keypoints you have to keep in mind while creating videos-
- The video content has to be resourceful.
- You must mention about your brand in the video.
- Interviewing a renowned expert in your niche.
- Comment on other renowned person’s video: Whenyou comment on videos, you simply include your link in the signature on that comment which acts as posting blog comment.
Sites where you can upload your videos:
Link building is one element of a successful search engine optimization strategy. For optimal results, you will need every aspect working together: keyword usage, content, backlinking, meta data and more. By mastering these techniques and understanding how they have changed in recent years, you can help your content reach the top of the search results and get in front of the eyes of the audience you want most.